Who is having abortions? You only think you know the answer! You think it’s the 14-year-old who is too young and has no resources. Or, you think it’s the woman who got “caught” just this once and “needs” the abortion option. Or, a woman who was brutally raped.
But if you think all of the above, you are wrong on all counts. Here’s what years of documented statistics tell you:
- 48% of abortions are repeat abortions – the woman has already had one or more abortions.
- Women aged 18-34 have 80% of abortions.
- Over 80% of women who have abortions are not married.
- 61% of women who have abortions have one or more children.
- African-Americans have 36% of all abortions nationwide and comprise only 13% of the population.
- Less than 1% of abortions are performed for reasons of rape.